Wednesday, January 20, 2010

advising

I am enjoying my semester this far. It is going to be a very busy one, I am getting anxious, and hope I can keep up. I decided yesterday that I should go see an advisor to make sure I was on track and would be able to graduate next year. I made an appointment and went in, I was excited for someone to tell me I was on the right track.Itold her I wanted to take a lot of credits and finish up in three semesters. She pulled up my transcript. She looked at it was while and turned to me and said " Boy this sure is confusing. I am not sure what all these numbers mean. Do you know where I can find how many credits you have taken this far?" I was a little taken back so I explained it to her. She then pulled out her cell phone to use the calculator. I thought it was a joke at first. It wasn't. After about 5 minutes she looked up and said, " It looks like if you take lots of credits, and work hard you could probably graduate in 3 or 4 semesters."

4 comments:

Derrick & Laci said...

Wow. How helpful!

Teri said...

What?! I could have told you that...pay me instead.

Kirsi said...

seriously academic advisors are such a joke for the most part. you have to take matters into your own hands! love you!

Cassie said...

They told Rhett he was on track to graduate one semester and we ended up staying for two extra semesters because they miscalculated. Go to someone else and look over it yourself. I've never met an advisor who knew what they were doing! That being said, you never know what the man upstairs has planned for you, we would have been gone before you and Jake moved into the ward!