Monday, July 12, 2010

First camping trip of the year

I have been wanting to go camping all summer, and it finally happened. We were gone Thursday-Saturday and we had a GREAT time! It was nice being outside all day playing in the river and going for hikes.

Jake with Ashlynn and Owen

Ashlynn balancing on the log

Owen wanted to pose for the camera

having fun playing in the dirt



I think Jake's wishing he was back home :)
Camping was fun until we had some obnoxious people camp next to us. They were loud and kept walking through our camp and letting their dogs run all over.But all in all we had a great time. Jake told me this was the only camping trip I get for the summer... but I bet I can convince him otherwise.

5 comments:

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog! It's really great to see what you've been up. Every other year is really too long to see everyone, but it's better than nothing. Take care, and we'll be seeing you next summer :)

Emily said...

That looks like tons of fun. We haven't been camping except for the family reunion but I think after that I need a little bit of a break before I try again.

Teri said...

WHAT? No peeing pictures!? That is what that camping trip was really all about...

ren said...

looks fun! glad you got to go!

Rachel said...

I like the last pic of Jake.

That's funny that you like to go camping more than Jake... usually it's the other way around where the husband wants to go and the wife doesn't. Or maybe my observations are wrong?