Thursday, December 10, 2009

I love this time of year

Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love the reason we celebrate Christmas, because where would we be without our Savior? I love that this year it means going home to two weeks and being with family! I enjoy putting up Christmas decorations and lights, everything!
I put up our decorations a few days ago but finally got around to posting pictures. Jake is embarrased of our little tree and is insisting that we get a real tree next year.

Wreath I made last year for Enrichment. This is the Advent Calendar I made a few weeks ago at the Girls weekend. It is a mini muffin tin and I covered magnents that go over the hole. (not my idea but think it is brilliant) You can fill each day with a piece of candy. My sisters-in-law put a service or a fun activity to do with their kids which is a great way to remember the true meaning of Christmas.Close upI have been wanted to make cherry turnovers for a while now, and last night was the night. They turned out pretty good.

2 comments:

Haley Anderson said...

thanks for the AWESOME idea. seeing as it is already the middle of december, I'll have to wait until next year to make one.

p.s. - You are going to do great on your finals!

Teri said...

yummy turnovers! Did you purposely forget to mention you were making these when we were talking on the phone?