Sunday, April 8, 2012

Square Foot Gardening

One day I was talking to my friend Brandy about how I wanted to put in a garden. We have a big spot we could do one, but it would take this whole summer just to get it ready. So she told me about square foot gardening. We even took a free gardening class together one Saturday. I got very excited to do it. The guy at the class said you can get more food out of a boxed garden then the traditional row garden. 
 This was the start of our garden spot. The boys went out and cleared the wood, and leveled the ground.
 Brandy and her husband built the boxes for us. They are the best!!
 Here is the finished project. I can't wait until we can plant food!
What we are going to plant:
Corn
potatoes
tomatoes
beans
peas
peppers
strawberries
lettuce
squash
zuchinni
cucumbers


2 comments:

ren said...

looks so good! we just planted in our square foot garden a couple of weeks ago but nothing came up :( we'll have to try it again! happy planting!!

Teri said...

Tell me more! I must know about this!