Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Heartbroken

My job can be  hard, frustrating, and, exhausting. But today I realized how much I care for the boys I am working with. There is on boy who I have become close with. He is a good boy, and has had a rough life. He has been waiting to step down to a foster home, since July. Jake and I never thought he would be with us very long, but over the 7 months we have grown so attached to him. We found him a foster home. I was excited when I heard the news but never imagined how hard it would be to drop him off and say goodbye. I know that he is excited to be leaving and moving on but I could see anxiety and sadness in his eyes today. I cried before I took him, and cried the whole drive home, and my heartbreaks each time I think about him or walk past his room. Our house will never be the same without him. We love him. The good news is that Jake and I are allowed to have visits with him, and we hope to continue to build our relationship with him.

3 comments:

Happy Housewife said...

Lexie, you and Jake are amazing. I don't know how you do it, but I admire you so much for what you do. Craig commented after Brian Regan how happy you seem, and how this job just fits you so well. What a blessing you are in the lives of those boys. And, can you please give me some of your will-power? You are so awesome in your goal achievements! Love you guys so much.

Teri said...

I love it. WhatI mean is, I don't love that you are hurting, but love how you live your life with those boys. You give them your all and along with it, your heart. They will never forget you and what you have done for them. I agree with Craig...this job just fits the two of you so perfectly. I just can't adequetly express what you mean to me, but I adore, admire, and just love you. I'm so glad we are family.

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

You are so inspiring. The work you do is so important. Thanks for the example, and thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work!