Friday, October 30, 2009

Wedding

My older sister Laci got married last Saturday the 24th. She was such a beautiful bride. It had been perfect weather but the morning she was getting ready to be married it was so windy. But Laci kept a smile on her face and knew nothing could ruin this day for her. The ceremony was beautiful even if the weather was not. We had a wonderful luncheon at the church. It was so yummy. We then came back to my parents house and had to move everything inside. We were going to have the reception outside but at the last minute had to move it indoors. It turned out really nice.


Jake and I got to Twin on Thursday to help mom and Laci get everything ready. Mom and Laci were so stressed, and some of the desserets they were wanting to make didn't turn out. Jake and I told them we could help out, and spent the rest of the weekend in the kitchen.

We made...

Tuxedo Brownies

Chocolate dipped strawberries

Cake balls dipped and drizzled on chocolate (my mom and little sister had already made the balls we just helped dip them in chocolate)

Laci made these I just helped. They are cheesecake with cherry topping! So yummy!

Peanut butter cookies with hershy kiss
Creme puffs dipped in chocolateMy mom put together a beautiful fruit trayMy mom is so so talented and made all the center pieces which she gave to all of us girls in the family. Everything my mom did was so nice and looked beautiful!
Laci and Derrick had a great turn out! They were both so busy, and I was busy in the kitchen refilling desserts that I did not get a single picture of the happy couple! I feel terrible. I am going to steal pictures off her blog, she was so pretty. And her dress was amazing. I love you Laci, and love seeing you so happy. You have been through so much. You deserve a happy ending.

2 comments:

Derrick & Laci said...

Thanks Lex! It meant so much to have you there and the food you and Jake made was AmAzInG!!! Love you!

Kirsi said...

Yeah for weddings! You know i love food, but we need to see a picture of the beautiful bride!