Monday, September 14, 2009

Oxygen in use

Jake and I recently moved into a new apartment complex. I have to walk around 2 buildings to get our mailbox. There is an apapartment that has a sign in the window that says.."No smoking Oxygen in use." I would always smile to myself and think that it was funny. I hate when I am outside and the people next to me are smoking. Well come to find out the old lady that lives there is hooked up to an oxygen tank. Lets just say I don't laugh and think the sign is so cute anymore.

On a serious note. I mentioned in one of my last posts that I was going to start volunteering at a homeless shelter. Today was my first day. It was not what I had expected. I was thinking I would go in there and change peoples lives! I ended up folding clothes, handing out bars of soap, clean underware, and towels, along with sorting mail. I feel sad for these people and it made me so grateful for everything that I have, even if it is not much. I am truly blessed. I actually can't wait to go back on Wednesday.

No comments: