Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Her Side of the Story...
















This is me and Jacob while dating and our wedding.This is my side of our story. We went to the same High School, but we were never friends, even thought I wished we were. Whenever I would pass Jake in the hall at school, I would always say in my head. "I am going to marry that kid someday. " Jake would ignore me or so I thought. I just thought Jake was stuck up and thought he was too cool to be my friend:) I later learned that Jake is just the opposite. He is not stuck up in the least. He is the sweetest down to earth caring man I have ever known. After High school Jake Went on a mission to Phoenix, Arizona. During that time I went to school at College of Southern Idaho and also did a BYU semester in Nauvoo. I had a wonderful semester and grew so much. I came back in April of 2006, and was only going to be in Twin Falls for a month until I moved to California. I met Jacob at an Institute dance, (its a little embarassing, but can't leave it out.) Neither of us were planning on going to the dance but somehow we ended up there.
It was love at first sight for me. I made my way over to him and introduced myself. We started talking and laughing and having the best time. At the end of the night he didn't ask for my number I was bumbed out but I knew that I had to see him again. I decided I would have a group party the next night and hoped that he would He was and we had a great time again. That was June 23, 2006 and have been together ever since. Idid not take us long to start dating or to get married. We got engaged October 2006 and married in the Logan Temple January 9, 2007. I was the most special day that I will never forget. (On a side note )I woke up sick. I was pucking and my mom was freaking out thinking that we were going to have to cancel the wedding. :) But things worked out, and I made it to the temple. Just a little bit late.

The day I married Jacob Thomas was the best decision that I have ever made. Jake has made my life complete. I cannot imagine my life being any different. Jake treats me with so much respect and love. Jake makes me feel so good about myself. He is a great example to me and makes me want to be a better person. I love you Jacob!

2 comments:

Teri said...

How sweet! Cute pics by the way. I've heard this story before, but still liked reading it. It is easy to see the two of you love each other very much.

Katie Thomas said...

Cute Lexie! I am glad that you started a blog, and that you found Jake so that we could be sisters! ... I know that is secretly your favorite part about marrying Jake:)