Saturday, September 26, 2009

Celebrate good times, come on!

Food my mother-in-law brought from her garden.
Ashlynn and Owen helping Jake.

cheese!


Teri totally rocked!


Jake Rockin out



Me and the birthday boy.


Uncle Jake and Ashlynn


Owen at the BBQ. Seriously, its Rootbeer!


Jake Grilling


The Best chicken ever

Presents!



Me and Jake with his new guitar


Rockin out!






Jake and I have an evenful weekend. We had a great time celebrating his birthday Friday night. We had lunch together and then spent the afternoon going to thrift stores. One of our favorite pass times. We didn't find any treasure, a little disappointing but we had a great time together. We came home and he was able to open his present. Which was Guitar Hero. He was pretty excited. He was wanted this game for a while. I wasn't too fond of the idea of getting it, but while the night wore on I was the one that kept wanting to play one more. (I am secretly in love with guitar hero.) We set it up so Jake sang and I played the guitar. We had so much fun.
We got a call from Jake's parents that they were going to come and spend this afternoon with us. (saturday) Before we they got here we had a BBQ with Ryan, Teri and their two cute kids. We had good food, yes Jake made the food for his party. I did help, a little. :) He made the best Honey Chipotle Chicken ever. After lunch we play guitar hero and just hung out. Jake's parents got to Boise around 3:00. We played a little frisbee outside but mostly sat around and visited. Jake's parents brought tons and tons of vegetable from their garden. I am exctied, I love fresh veggies, especially the tomatoes. We had a great afternoon and then we all went out to The Cheesecake Factory. It is Ryan's birthday in a couple weeks so we celebrated his and Jake's birthday with the family. Their mom is such a sweetheart, she made both of them a delicious better than anything cake. I don't know how we are going to finish it all! We had a great day!

3 comments:

Kirsi said...

oh Slexter I just love you!!!!! this is so much fun

Katie Thomas said...

FUN! I am glad you had a good birthday Jake! I wish i could have been there, it looks like you guys had fun! By what i can see in the pictures your new apt. looks way nice. I am going to definitely come visit!

Katie said...

Looks like you guys had fun . HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE! I want a better than anything cake. That is sounding so good to me right now:) Can't wait to see you guys for Halloween.